From the Publisher:
Investigate the Future!
The world of 2100 is a bright and exciting place. But among the dazzle of LED screens and the glitter of cybershell casings linger shadows – and within shadows lurk mysteries. Transhuman Mysteries brings nail-biting noir and heart-pounding whodunits to the world of Transhuman Space:
- The types of mystery tales suitable for the world of 2100, from police procedurals to young detectives – including a locale for each genre where that type of tale would be especially appropriate.
- Seven occupational lenses, for transforming any hero into an interesting investigator. Become an amateur sleuth, a crime scene analyst, or even a police "superdog"!
- New and existing advantages, disadvantages, and techniques that are well-suited for a suspenseful story in this SF setting.
- New and essential equipment for investigators, plus five off-the-shelf infomorph allies.
- An illumination of investigation in the near-now. Data mining, nanodetection, memetics, and more: Discover what does and doesn't work in the world of detection.
- A navigation of nefarious activities. From unauthorized existence through ecotage and money nanocleansing to memetic malfeasance, learn what's going on (and what isn't) in the world of criminal activity.
- A look at lawbreakers of the future. Uncover what brings futuristic folks to crime and how they get ahead . . . and learn that not all criminals are human!
- A guide on how to build and present a mystery in Transhuman Space. What classic tropes work well in the world of tomorrow, and what bits need to be tweaked?
Whether shadowing a cheating spouse or scrutinizing a charred spaceship, Transhuman Mysteries is the essential guide when there are secrets to uncover and mysteries to solve.