From the back of the book:
May contain comedy. Made on shared equipment with action-adventure.
The Order of the Stick: Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales is by far the least necessary book we've ever released! Crammed full of ideas that have nothing whatsoever to do with the main story of Rich Burlew's award-winning The Order of the Stick comedic fantasy saga, this book is as optional as they come! Inside you'll learn absolutely no secrets about the characters, nor will you see the resolution (or even acknowledgment) of any outstanding plot points. No, it's just a book full of funny comics that happen to feature the same characters doing different things. Of course, it is an Ookoodook exclusive, which means that you can only get it from their website or convention booth (or pay a huge markup later). So if you're holding this in your hands and haven't bought it yet, buy two so you can resell it with a huge markup later!
Stuff we put in this book:
- All 22 strips of OOTS that appeared in the Dragon magazine in 2005-2007, plus author recollections on how he got the gig.
- Eight additional bonus strips in the same style of humor.
- Edition Wars: The OOTS are attacked by their upgraded counterparts from the Fourth Dimension!
- The latest Julio Scoundrel comic book, "Julio Scoundrel and the Curse of the Mummy Queen."
- Stick Tales: The OOTS retell their favorite works of literature, ruined in the way that only they can.
- Like two other things.
Stuff we didn't put in this book:
- Meticulously preserved scans of the stick figure comics creator Rich Burlew drew when he was 12 years old, with extensive author commentary and critical analysis.
- "Fruit Pie: A Sorcerer's Life."
- Flumphland: The dramatic account of two flumphs' journey through the heartland of their souls.
- Hardcore stick figure porn.
- A selection from the Azure City phonebook.
- An explanation of what phonebooks were for audience members under the age of 20.
- Vaarsuvius' gender and the exact genus and species of the monster in the darkness.
- Anything too serious.