The Ysgarth Rule System opens new horizons in fantasy adventure. It is an advanced system, streamlined and unusually open-ended to encourage the imaginations of players and Game Masters. In this game you will find new challenges which add depth and dimension to your fantasy adventures.
The Ysgarth Rule System combines simplicity and logical design with a passion for realism and imagination to encourage role-playing and intelligent world design. The rules are complete and comprehensive, in 6 books for ease of reference.
- Book #1: The Fantasy Character gives all of the information needed to set up characters, including a unique attribute system, over 100 native skills, and hints on creating a personality.
- Book #2: Battlecraft explains the skills of Warriors and 4 other martial professions, with over 100 advanced skills and complete mechanics for combat.
- Book #3: The Arcane Arts cover magic use, with 15 magic using professions, over 70 related skills, and more than 300 spells, plus rules for spell casting, spell interaction, and fumbles.
- Book #4: Holy Orders explores religion in the fantasy world, with descriptions of 155 deities, some 10 basic priest types, over 60 general skills and powers, plus complete rules and guidelines for using holy powers.
- Book #5: The Fantasy World is an aid for Game Masters, with information on all aspects of world design, with demographic formulae, maps, and specific examples.
- The Last Song of Hergest is an introductory adventure scenario, with appendices of more than 50 creatures and characters, plus a selection of magic items and weapons.
The Ysgarth Rule System is 168 pages of the most advanced ideas in fantasy gaming priced at less than half of what you might expect to pay. Fantasy gaming is growing up, and with the Ysgarth Rule System and your imagination you can start to get more fun and excitement from your fantasy adventures.