From publisher blurb:
Not everyone needs a hero and not every quest saves the village. When darkness engulfs light, mercenaries heed the call and perform the deeds no one else has the stomach for. An introductory adventure for 4-6 1st-level characters of all alignments, The Key of the Fey sets out a new style of adventure for 4e: mercenary adventures. Hired by an orc "merchant" to steal a portal key from innocent cultists, nothing is what it seems.
Recommended for mature players, this adventure provides unique subplots and PC interaction never allowed in most adventures. Switch employers midway through or manipulate everyone to double the payday. Engage in honorable combat or stab 'em in the back. Receive minor quest rewards for keeping secrets or make a name for yourself and earn extra gold. Remember that it’s not about who wins or loses, it’s about getting paid. Do you have what it takes?
The Key of the Fey includes...
- A complete, full-length adventure with 20+ encounters, including skill challenges, to raise PCs from 1st to 3rd level (or higher);
- Complete stats for all NPCs and monsters in every encounter, including new creatures built to challenge your PCs, plus new magic items and a new ritual that can change your characters forever;
- Multiple options for a variety of storylines and NPC interactions - you can hack-and-slash your way through, break into negotiations, or use Stealth checks to sneak past the guards;
- A behind-the-scenes review at the end of every chapter provides GMs with insight in NPC motivations to keep you one step ahead of your players;
- Player handouts, including Character Introduction cards to cut straight to the chase and start playing;
- Detailed, full-color maps for each encounter;
- The interactive Gem of True Seeing layer with bonus content, printer setup, and other goodies unavailable in any print copy
- Two endings: one good, one bad.