From the introduction:
The Black Desert is set in the early 23rd century. All the wonders of the previous age have come to pass- Fusion powered spaceships travel to the dozens of asteroid colonies between Earth and the successfully terraformed Mars, each populated by a mix of humans, trans-humans, AIs and intelligent primates. While scarcity, aging and disease as we know them are all but gone, the resulting social upheavals lead to massive interplanetary war, ecological devastation on Terra, and the loss of half the colonies in the inner system. Now, like the expatriates of the 1920’s, post-war humanity is enjoying a renaissance in art and culture as veterans of the Great Space War embrace life and freedom and take to the black desert of space in search of adventure, profit, and their lost innocence.
In The Black Desert, Players can:
- Dodge Kinetic Kill Drones and Nano-colonies between Asteroid settlements in the Inner System,
- Reestablish contact and trade with colonies isolated by the War,
- Loot the frozen tundra of an abandoned Europe
- Negotiate with the trans-human Dysonites in a remote controlled robot body,
- Learn the art of FreeBrawl from the nearly unstoppable Lunarians,
And so much more!