Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world-building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
- 1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
The High Concept: Four feats designed to augment the options and utility of death mages (from The Genius Guide to the Death Mage) or, if death mages aren’t being used in a campaign, that can be taken by alchemists of the reanimator archetype, clerics with the death or repose domains, oracles with the bones or dark tapestry mysteries, undead-bloodline sorcerers, necromancy-specialist wizards, witches with a death, occult, or plague patron and (if the GM wishes) summoners who have an eidolon with the undead appearance evolution (replacing death mage levels prerequisites with a class level prerequisite in the appropriate class).
The feats included are:
- Deathless Vigor: Your studies into the power of death and undeath allows you to resist the call of the grave a little longer than most.
- Revenant: When you die or are near death, spirits loyal to you form an undead body to carry out your bidding.
- Student of the Dead: You can use the mystic lore found in corpses to alter your spells.
- Vampiric Spell [Metamagic]: You can call forge a link between you and the targets of your spells, using it to gain false vitality.