If you like stories with twists in them, then you’ll love The Twister, a story game of shocks and surprises. The mechanics are designed to make any shocking revelation in your stories have a real impact on play, by changing the rules of the game! Whenever a Twist occurs, things that were easy to do become harder and vice versa, so players have to adapt to a new way of doing things; Twists can either be Major, which affects everybody, or Minor, which only affects one character.
In order to play, you’ll need the following:
- Players: it’s not a game if nobody joins in.
- A GM: someone has to be in charge.
- A plot: the GM needs to know where the story begins and where the Major Twists occur.
- Characters: each player takes on the role of someone important to the plot; sometimes the GM creates these and hands them out, sometimes players make up their own with guidance from the GM.
- Dice: the kind with six-sides; the best kind to use are those that have a symbol in place of the 6.