From the publisher's website:
TALES OF BEASTS AND PERILS VOLUME ONE
Become a creator of worlds!
Tales of Beasts and Perils is a gamemaster's guide to writing and running adventures for the Tales of Blades and Heroes fantasy roleplaying game.
It includes rules and guidelines for:
- Secret Knowledge rolls;
- Timing and pacing an adventure;
- Rewarding players with experience, Hero points, and loot;
- Creating magic items;
- Dangers of the world, including traps, poison, disease, falling damage,curses, slimes, jellies, molds, fear, and encounters with dangerous beasts and humanoids;
- New special rules to create monsters;
- Monsters and foes, including detailed profiles for unicorns, dark unicorns, dragons, iron devourers, giant spiders, chimeras, Coroimba savages, Undead, and humanoids;
- Guidelines for balancing encounters;
- Sample special rules for typical fantasy races;
- and a point cost summary of all the abilities featured in Tales of Blades and Heroes and Tales of Beasts and Perils.
This PDF version comes in a full color, 47 page illustrated version; an inksaving version with all illustrations and page backgrounds removed; and an inksaving, compressed version (just the rules in a smaller type so you can print them saving both ink and paper).