Across the Emerald Empire, the greatest servants of the Emperor make their homes in ancient castles, elaborate courts, impregnable fortresses, venerable dojo, and majestic palaces. Some exist in the wilds of the Empire, while others mark the center of great, sprawling cities. Some are centers of trade and artistry, while others exist far from any other sign of civilization. And yet, despite their many differences, it is in the heart of each of these bold strongholds that the heart of the samurai dwells.
Strongholds of the Empire explores a handful of the many unique cities throughout Rokugan, seeking out those with particular interests for the different Great Clans. In addition to new mechanics for each of the clans as well as for each individual city, this book contains information on the following:
• The Crab’s economic powerhouse, Clear Water Village
• The extensive holdings of the Crane and Lion clans in the Imperial City, Toshi Ranbo
• The tradition of the Dragon Clan’s smiths in Water Hammer City
• The mainland Mantis port of Broken Wave City
• The diplomatic endeavors of the Phoenix centered in Nikesake
• The illicit interests of the Scorpion at Zakyo Toshi
• The Spider Clan’s sinister secrets in the ruined city of Otosan Uchi
• The dueling traditions of the Unicorn at Dark Edge Village
• And more!
(Source: Publisher's marketing copy)