From the publisher's website:
Got barely enough time to prepare the module? Want to include cool, evocative random encounters in your games, but just don’t have the time to prepare them? Bored of pointless random encounters comprising bands of generic monsters that only seem to exist to attack wandering PCs? Then Random Urban Encounters is for you! Presenting eight ready-to-use random encounters ranging in EL from 1 – 6 (and 18 stat blocks ranging from CR 1/4 – 5) all suitable for use in almost any urban area.
Random Urban Encounters takes the pressure off the time-crunched GM, enabling him to concentrate on crafting cool, evocative adventures!
- Double Dealings (EL 6): The PCs interrupt a mugging. Or do they?
- For the Birds (EL 3): A pack of tengu thieves targets the PCs and a riotous chase through a busy marketplace ensues!
- Ghouls in the Graveyard (EL 4): A pair of ghouls infest a graveyard and a local noble asks for the PCs’ help
- Law & Order: The Taxman (EL 4): Every town needs taxes and tax collectors love dealing with cash-rich adventurers.
- Law & Order: The Watch (EL 5): If the PCs break the law, these fellows appear.
- Shop ‘til You Drop (EL 1): A small girl begs the PCs to help her father who is being attacked by a “nasty man.”
- Thieves, Cutthroats & Pick Pockets (El var.): Thieves are common in any town and adventurers are known to carry much wealth...
- ‘Ware the Wererat (EL 4): A thug mugged the wrong mark one night and has now undergone a horrific transformation. Terrified for his life, the mugger’s accomplice begs for the PCs’ help.