from the back cover
Your Whispering Homonculus
A twisted creature hops onto your desk; the homunculi is grotesque, a vile leathery thing of insect and rat and slime topped with a doll's face. It hops onto your shoulder and whispers in an ear, "But master, what happens if..."
Hello, Game Master! Ignore the dollar amount printed on this book, for it is literally priceless.
For starts, author Richard Pett has made each copy by hand, mixing a paste out of dead flakes of his own skin and the rheum from his watery eyes (betraying his Innsmouth heritage), and pressing it into pages that he then inscribes with a pen made from the quill of the Dire Porcupine and the ink of the Dread Squid. No two volumes are alike.
Ah, but the ideas within its pages...that is where this book's true value lies. Peruse its contents and your players will soon find themselves in a world of whimsy, terror, and madness as they:
* Must accept a dare to kiss a diseased cow on its oozing, boil-plagued lips.
* Are driven out of town for ordering roast chicken during the feast of the Staggering Crow
* Encounter a goblin king who is covered in goose fat, collects cat tails, and rolls around in an imaginary barrel
* Choke down a meal of stewed dormice with greengage jam
* Recoil at the taint of the Troll-Touched
Intrigued? Then make your way to the cash register, and demand that the Game Store Knave ring up your purchase. Soon you shall have your very own Whispering Homunculus!