From the back of the book:
Somewhere, It Burns...
The sands of time slip through the hourglass. The New Earth Government mounts a desperate initiative against the Migou’s seat of power. Those that police the ar- cane underground face an invisible foe. The Disciples of the Rapine Storm descend through the ashes to assault the Land Down Under. A deadly plague suddenly grips the citizens of the New Earth Government. And an unexpected ally returns from the void, a light in the darkness.
The end carries on. Welcome to 2087.
Discover how humanity attempts to find a technological edge. Continue to be shocked by the on-going internal Nazzadi conflicts. Discover that for which the Migou have been scouring the Outback. And, unfortunately, something perverse is born within the sacred arcane circles of the Esoteric Order of Dagon – some that makes the Chrysalis Corporation very angry. All while problems like the growing street crime carry over from 2086. Explore a year in the Strange Aeon or lose yourself in the lies and pretend it isn’t happening.
Nowhere else will you find a setting like this.
Inside this book you will find:
• a continuing detailed exploration of the Aeon War, detailing the important events of 2087 and everything that goes with them.
• seven pieces of provocative short fiction to help portray the feel of the setting, as well as a four-page comic.
• a look at pop culture in the Strange Aeon, to add more unique flavor to your game.
• an exploration of four smaller year-long plots that can be used in any game, with suggestions on how to weave them into your story.
• a detailed look at five major areas of the overarcing CthulhuTech storyline, including the war against the Migou in orbit, the return of unexpected allies, a hemorrhagic plague that sweeps the New Earth Government, the Chrysalis Corporation’s movements against the Office of Internal Security, and the march of the Rapine Storm into the Land Down Under.
• a tool-kit of information, events, and suggestions for Storyguides to use each of these major storylines, putting your Characters front and center for the biggest action in the setting.
• New technology, mecha, and vehicles – particularly those designed for use in the vacuum of space – as well as space combat rules.
This book is meant to be used with the CthulhuTech storytelling game and requires the Core Book.
This book is intended for mature readers. It contains dark and disturbing content and images. Reader discretion is advised.