Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world-building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
- 1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
The High Concept: Seven feats designed to augment the options and utility of flying creatures (such as those found in Mythic Menagerie: Kith of the Harpy Queen, but useable by a wide range of other flying foes), that can also just be used as additional monster powers (increasing a flying monster’s CR by 1 for every 2 bonus feats taken).
The feats included are:
- Aerobatics: You ability to duck, roll, and dive while flying makes it difficult to target you with combat maneuvers.
- Dogfighting:Your mastery of airborne combat gives you numerous minor tactical advantages.
- Dive Bomb (Combat): You can add your velocity from diving at a foe to the damage of your ranged attacks.
- Drift: You can allow the force of a foe’s attack push you into a new flight path.
- Improved Flyby Attack (Combat): You can deftly fly up to a foe, take an action, and withdraw before he can react.
- Slashing Wind: You can fly in and out of foes, slashing and stabbing as you go.
- Strafe (Combat): You can add your flight velocity to the damage of your melee attacks.