Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
- 1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
The High Concept: Seven feats that allow spellcasters using the classic and venerable magic missile spell to have as many options as characters who use material weapons. This is the first in a series of products to celebrate the "Summer of Bullets" event!
The feats included are:
- Arcane Missiles: You can add the magic effects of arrows or bolts in your possession to one magic missile of a volley.
- Blinding Missiles: You can concentrate the energy of your magic missiles to make them bright enough to blind a foe.
- Halo of Stars: You can keep your magic missiles around until you need them.
- Imbued Force: You can layer your magic missiles onto a melee weapon, granting it limited ability to strike as a force effect.
- Legendary Missiles [Metamagic]: You can make your magic missiles larger and more powerful.
- Pressure Missiles: You can focus the energy of your magic missiles into fewer, harder-hitting missiles that strike and numb a foe’s pressure points.
- Targeted Missiles: You can direct your magic missiles, rather than depend on their innate accuracy.