From publisher blurb:
Are you tired of evil stuff? Do you think it needs to be kicked right back to hell? Then you're in the right place.
The problem is, your character isn't. You see, your character is from today. And your character gets shipped back to some undetermined point in a vaguely medieval Europe where magic is probably real and people really don't like modern English. To get home, they have to fight all the evil stuff that's slated to take over the universe at any minute.
- Kicking Historical Asses is a fast and simple game, specifically designed for one-shots, but that can easily support extended games. At a whopping 20 pages, you should be able to read it with your group, make characters, and be ready to play within an hour.
- Inspired by Army of Darkness and Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, the system is made for humor and heroics. In fact, if the players aren't laughing, they're failing at the game.
- There's quite a bit of profanity. The book is written in a vulgar, semi-slapstick tone meant to inform play.
- The game is a living document. Content will be added, particularly if readers ask for specific additions. The initial document is the barebones necessary to play.
- The system requires a d4, d6, d8, d10, and d12.