Are you excited to play Dungeon World, but still having trouble understanding it? Grab this 60-page free guide and ease your troubles!
This is specifically geared toward new and inexperienced players, and written from a GM perspective. It's for people who are having trouble understanding how NPCs attack without rolling dice; how combat turns work without initiative, that sort of thing. There is some useful advice for combat and writing custom moves in there, for the slightly more experienced player or the just plain curious.
Some features of the guide are:
- Full explanations of the GM moves: what they mean and how to use them!
- A list of Worse Outcomes and Hard Choices to spark your creativity!
- In-depth guide to Dungeon World combat, guaranteed to answer all your questions!
(Narrating battles, triggering moves, dealing without initiative, handling multiple enemies- tons of info!)
- How to write custom moves for your campaign!
- Full worldbuilding advice, from Fronts and Dangers to Grim Portents and beyond!
- A sample campaign front, ready to run: The Great Wyrm of Axstalrath!
- Two Races and Five Compendium Classes... and how to make your own!
- 8 pages of Actual Play, fully annotated to help you understand how it all fits together!
- Sweet pictures of dragons and dwarves swinging axes!