From publisher blurb:
It was a monstrous thing, composed of dark iron and fire, covered in spikes, sharp angles on its body gleaming with razor's edges. Amongst the fire, small, black shadows dripped off the beast like sweat. It was the source of the screaming in the city. The small black shadows; they were shaped like babies. The thing dripped charred babies.
Banner looked up at the Ophan. After a moment, his face registered total confusion. "That's not an angel."
For just a second I was totally confused, but then I felt it. Being a Disciple, you start to develop some sort of sense about the demonic. And that's what it felt like. That fiery, spiked, razor-edged, baby-sweating monster was a demon. Not an angel. A really big demon.
Demons the size of buildings. The sucky job of being a Disciple just reached new levels of suck.
Tentacles tore through the air, fire and blood rained down to the streets, buildings crumbled, the corpses of the dead shattered on impact with cars, torn apart as they crashed through windows.
Most of us were going to die tonight. Demons, angels, Disciples, Zealots, whatever. We were called to protect these people. We found our resolve and remembered who we were.
Demons and angels walk the Earth, and it turns out that the Last War is more complicated than anyone could have ever imagined. This sourcebook includes:
- Rules for incorporating all of the additions and changes from Spite into your Dread campaigns.
- Five Persona options for Disciples, such as the Death Wish and the Victim, and 10 new Persona powers for them, like Ugly Joy Ride, Third Eye, and Atonement.
- 19 spells, including new Imprecations, such as Furor, Eulogia, and Shekinah.
- Expanded combat options to add horrific powers and attacks to angels and demons.
- Wield Athame, demonically-charged magic weapons. Consume Sarx, the empowered flesh of dead demons. Bond with Baphomets, living war-machines armed with machine guns, tentacles, and teeth!
- 16 new demons. Face the gigantic Megiddim, the Armageddon Engines of Hell, and the cruel Abaddim, the unyielding assassins of the archdemons.
- Learn about Circles, mixed groups of Disciples and Zealots led by both a Mentor and a Monitor, as well as the Life Spiral, a new scenario type.
- Expanded setting information for the World of Pandemonium, including rumors about the true nature of Heaven and Hell and the possible identity of the Reavers. Face off against seven new enemies, including new angels and the Kenites, a new half-breed. Join forces with the Anointed and the Anakim, two new character classes.