Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
- 1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
The High Concept: Five magic properties for weapons made of alchemcial silver, to make your choice of weapon material matter more than just when bypassing DR. This is the latest in a series of products to celebrate the "Summer of Bullets" event!
The qualities included are:
- Argentum: An argentum weapon grants its enhancement bonus to the wielder’s saving throws against disease, and caster level and skill checks made to remove or treat diseases.
- Frostscale: A frostscale weapon may cause slashing shards of ice to attack his foes.
- Mirrored: A mirrored weapon grants its enhancement bonus to the wielder’s saving throws against gaze attacks.
- Scrying: A scrying weapon grants its enhancement bonus to the wielder’s saving throws against illusions.
- Shapebinding: A shapebinding weapon grants its enhancement bonus to the wielder’s saving throws against transmutation spells.