From the back of the book:
Grab your wayfinder and embark on incredible missions with Pathfinder Player Companion: Pathfinder Society Primer! This volume contains everything you need to join the illustrious Pathfinder Society and start on the road to becoming one of Golarion's finest adventurers, explorers, and chroniclers. Tips and tricks from hardened Pathfinder veterans accompany the latest tools and gear used by Pathfinders in the field to create a priceless resource for the aspiring field agent. New spells, weapons, and magic items also assure that your latest risky mission isn’t your last. If you measure up to the challenge, you might even prove worthy of having your story published in the legendary Pathfinder Chronicles!
In addition to being useful for your home game, all of the rules in this book are legal for use in the official Pathfinder Society Organized Play worldwide campaign. Inside this book, you'll find:
- Advice and tools for making the most out of your field agent, including new feats, spells, and traits to establish your Pathfinder as an adventurer worthy of the title.
- A detailed look at the three branches of the Pathfinder Society—the Swords, the Scrolls, and the Spells—as well as the types of Pathfinders who flock to these sects.
- A new prestige class for Pathfinder field agents, versatile adventurers trained to handle all types of situations with their wide variety of potent skills and abilities.
- New variant wayfinders and other useful magic items Pathfinders can employ in the field.
- New ioun stones—legendary magic gems that fit into a Pathfinder’s wayfinder and grant significant powers—as well as flawed and cracked varieties of each.
- Details on various volumes of the Pathfinder Chronicles, new vanities for Pathfinder Society Organized Play, and information on joining this ongoing worldwide campaign.
This Pathfinder Player Companion is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can easily be incorporated into any fantasy world.