The core book of Paolo Greco's Adventure Fantasy Game system, an old-school-esque take on fantasy adventuring based on David Bowman's 5More design. Aside from rules for character creation, combat, adventuring and magic, the book also includes the adventure The Temple beneath the Harga Volcano.
Free pdf updates are available at www.adventurefantasygame.com
From the introduction:
This is another fantasy adventure game. Does the world need another one? Of course!
AFG exists to run fantasy sandboxes where players are free to get involved with exploration, traveling, politics,
dungeoneering, city-life and trading as much as they want. The rules aims are the following:
• Use only six-sided dice: grab a die and roll high.
• Rules simple enough to be taught and grasped in minutes, supporting pick-up play.
• Character creation should be quick and easy, not requiring to browse and pick options from a long list.
• Other games’ materials should be straight compatible or require small adaptations. You should be able to
run material from other games very easily.
• Minimum beancounting and fiddling. No experience points to track, interminable lists of character building
options. Modifiers, both in numbers and amounts, are small.
• Interesting choices must lead to important consequences.
• Rules must have a purpose and guide the narrative. Rewards must provide a clear direction for players: desired in-game actions must be rewarded by in-game rewards.