From publisher blurb:
What is Pangenre?
No classes. No levels. No hit points. The Pangenre RPG System is a multi-genre RPG system focused on giving GMs a rule set that is based on ability and skill. The rules are designed to feel more realistic than other systems while still allowing for easy integration of supernatural components. The rules are campaign-neutral, and can be used in place of other game systems. The 2nd Edition core volumes will ultimately include the Player's Guide, GM's Guide, Equipment Guide, Magic Guide, and Creature Guide. Additional content will eventually extend to include a Science-Fiction guide and adventure or campaign content.
What's Different in Second Edition?
- The minor tweaks are far too numerous to list here, but we have spent the time since the release of first edition polishing and further refining gameplay.
- Specializations and Competencies are being merged into a single Competencies concept. This will make it easier to buy and keep track of them, simplifying character generation.
- Ability scores are dropping the OGL-based "3 to 18" numeric component and using only the ability modifier. This greatly simplifies both the character generation procedure and gameplay.
- The Wound System is greatly simplified.
- As many mechanical rules as can be are being simplified as far as is possible.
The overall graphic design and layout is enhanced.