From publisher blurb:
ASCENDANCY - Rogue Marshal, draws the players into a world of political intrigue and power plays; psychotic serial killers and obsessed fetish gangs; deranged cults that call forth eldritch nightmares; and mad inventors who create mechanical and chemical abominations. All amid the background of Ashendrya — The Endless City.
Ashendrya is a city so vast that normal citizens are called upon to act as its wardens in time of need; and there is always a need. While industrial cabals wage secret wars that threaten to engulf whole regions of the city, malign cults pray to Shiok, the mad god, and call his influence into the very heart of Ashendrya.
In Ashendrya, celebrity, fame and fashion are proof of success, poisoning the weak of mind to fall into madness; the poor are left to rot in the low regions, without light or hope, or join the nation's fighting forces and march to war.
Ascendancy, a core rule book, provides everything the aspiring game master needs to run a FateStorm game, as well as information on setting, creatures, character development and suggested story arcs.
With 288 pages including;
- 5 new unique races
- a broad bestiary covering the most common creatures, manifesicants, and npcs
- more than 100 unique magical weaves
- a long list of highly detailed magical artefacts for use in your games
- over 40 unique vocations and vocation paths for the Avatars to follow
- And a highly detailed dark fantasy setting with npcs, maps, locations and story hooks