From the back cover:
Do you ever wish you had a guide to help make running ongoing campaigns easier and more fun? Then you need Odyssey: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Campaign Management—to our knowledge, the first system-neutral book solely dedicated to the art of managing campaigns.
Written by award-winning authors - and veteran game masters - Phil Vecchione and Walt Ciechanowski, Odyssey is jam-packed with in-depth advice on starting, managing, and ending campaigns. Whether you’re an old hand or are new to game mastering, you’ll find a wealth of tips and techniques you can put to immediate use in Odyssey.
Odyssey’s authors bring unique perspectives to the topic of campaign management. Phil is a project manager and wrote Never Unprepared: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Session Prep. Walt is an improvisational game master with years of experience in the tabletop RPG industry. Both write for the award-winning game mastering blog GnomeStew.com, and they collaborated on Masks: 1,000 Memorable NPCs for Any Roleplaying Game and Eureka: 501 Adventure Plots to Inspire Game Masters.
Odyssey is full of practical guidance on campaign management for almost any RPG:
• A guide to starting a new campaign, from coming up with the initial concept to running a smooth first session
• Tips on structuring stories, handling problem players, and making your campaign thrive
• Advice on actively managing every element of your campaign - stories, characters, players, risk, and change - while avoiding common pitfalls
• Examples of how every aspect of campaign management looks when handled well or badly
• How to end campaigns on a high note, including what to avoid