From publisher blurb:
Nearly two thousand years ago, in the land which now holds the Klavek Kingdom, a different power ruled the land. The Saatman Empire was a land unlike any seen before or since: it was a place where dragons ruled as gods, each in their own kingdom keeping lesser races as cattle. And above all of these god kings stood and watched the Saatman, an emperor among god-kings.
Eventually, the humans rose up, and great heroes struck down Saatman, bringing the empire to the ruins it was today, and scattering their servants.
But not destroying them.
Now, a cult still dedicated to the dragon-god-emperor has returned the ancient dragon to life. In revenge of his own empire, he has declared war on the Klavek Kingdom – and commanded the death of all humankind. Can the party stop the genocide, and turn his own allies against him?
Also included in “Saatman’s Throne”:
- A detailed system for reputation and infamy amid a city warring houses – all of which lay claim to dozens of mad wizards!
- The city of Gustavin, where dragons are gods and feuding houses control every coin.
- The Scrollblade, a powerful weapon that can store any magic it chooses
- Radiant Elixir, and endless source of magical power, at a steep price
- A great and terrible spell, Genocide
- A stitched-together monstrosity, the Serpens
- Appendix: Gods and Kings detailing hidden secrets in the Klavek Kingdom
- Maps by ENnie award winning cartographer, Todd Gamble