from the back of the book:
Realistic Man To Man Combat 1491 A.D. to 2060 A.D.
This book is a complete and realistic look at small arms conflict from early matchlocks to futuristic blasters. This system is modular and may be used with any role-playing system or game. It is intended for the player who wishes to accurately simulate a small arms conflict but does not wish to sacrifice playability. Computer-generated tables allow you tremendous realism with little effort. The system is easy to learn and includes the following key features:
- Simultaneous movement and fire without written orders or turns.
- Realistic representation of weapon accuracy, penetration, and damage.
- Data for over 190 weapons from early matchlocks to futuristic blasters.
- Accurate rules for automatic weapons, shotguns, and hand grenades.
- Protection afforded by cover and body armor.
- And above all, 59 anatomical hit location tables, which do away with "Hit Points" and other such arbitrary measures of how many times you have to shoot your opponent to drop him. This system shows the real results of a bullet wound, whether a graze or direct hit, and its effects on short-term performance and long-term chances of survival.
These rules blend realism with playability to create a system that is fast moving, easy to learn, with accuracy beyond that of any previous game. Moreover, it is suitable for use with ALL small arms oriented role-playing games, or as a stand-alone combat system.
We invite YOU to experience the full Spectrum of armed conflict...and move up to the Leading Edge