How the East Was Won
It is the spirit of the orient that, in order for one man to triumph over another, they must not only be physically superior, but spiritually more enlightened. The clashing of steel on the battlefield is mirrored by the chasing of ideals in the hearts of men. It is with that in mind we set out to explore our third book in the Heroes of the East.
Two New Base Classes
- Yamabushi: A spiritual warrior monks whose dedication to the path of self-enlightenment is matched only with their martial prowess
- Shinshoku: Priests who acts on behalf of a specific kami. They are unique among spellcasters for their wide range of spells and novel method of casting them. Indicative of the culture and mythos, they are in service to their kami companion rather than the other way around.
Four New Martial Art Styles
- Southern Scorpion Style Kung Fu
- Wudang Sword
Ten New Oriental Themed Archetypes
- Warrior Monk (Yamabushi): No spells but more martial elements.
- Sorcerous Ninja (Ninja): A spellcasting ninja.
- Oniwaban (Ninja): A spy who can perfectly mimic his target.
- Honorable Shinobi (Ninja): A ninja who gains more martial abilities.
- Iga Ninja (Ninja): Part alchemist, part ninja, all saboteur.
- Street Fighter (Monk): A grit monk who picks on characters specialties.
- Onna-bugeisha (Samurai): A female samurai who specializes with a naginata.
- Hwarang (Samurai): A noble Korean warrior who dresses in special makeup.
- Sikh Warrior (Fighter): A katar wielding, chakram throwing warrior from India.
- Khan (Barbarian): A raging, riding, archer barbarian reminiscent of the Mongol hordes.
Three New Oriental Prestige Classes:
- Dervish: A whirling double weapon warrior who is as much fighter as dancer.
- Youxia: A mainstay of the wuxia genre, a youxia is a gallant wandering swordsman who fights for the common man.
- Wukong: Practitioners of a unique school of martial arts that follow in the footsteps of the Chinese folk hero Son Wukong (the Monkey King).
New Eastern Themed Weapons:
- 6 New Weapon Types
- 8 New Magic Items