From the Introduction:
Hillfolk is the first game using the DramaSystem roleplaying rules engine. In a game of Hillfolk, players take the roles of Iron Age raiders struggling to protect and enrich their clan at a time of clashing empires.
In a DramaSystem game, players, aided by a Game Moderator (GM), collectively create a compelling, serial story of emotional need and conflict within a tightly-knit group of people.
What You Need
To play this game, you need:
- 5 - 8 participants
- one deck of playing cards
- a supply of poker chips or beads
- 1 red, 1 green, and 1 yellow token per participant
- about a dozen tokens of a fourth color (I use blue)
- as many index cards (or spare playing cards or collectible game cards) as you have players
- writing utensils
- scrap paper
- time to weave an epic story
- One participant, the GM, may find it handy to have a smartphone or laptop on hand.