A collection of five horror-themed Apocalypse World playbooks:
- The Damned - The apocalypse came and went, now its leftover terrors lie across the land like a plague of fear. The weak cower in their hovels, content to eke out a meager life, praying that demons in the guise of men will pass them over. For those demons have no fears, they refuse to kneel, they want your crowns. And how will you threaten them from atop your thrones? How can you reason with a fiend when all it knows is hunger?
- The Haunted - Everything we have is robbed from graves, from corpses entombed in their own homes, from the dead cities buried under dirt and water, from the past and its memories. Do you think they see you, with their crowpicked eye-holes? Can you hear them speak, with their black and bloated mouths? Yeah, go ahead, son. Brush it off. But there's more things under these shattered heavens than you think. The dead far outnumber the living now. And I have to wonder: is there still room enough in hell?
- The Horseman - Those seals are broken and the end has come. Seems like we didn't all didn't get the message, huh? Well, somebody has to break the news to the fools gone deaf. Better be one tough sonofabitch though. These motherfuckers are like to kill the messenger.
- The Last Child - We knew we'd never live enough to grow old, but our children never even grow up. Between cannibals, the plague and the black wind howling in our minds, the souls of our young are snatched from our homes nearly every day. Except for that one, the youngest, the last one born, who looks at you like they say the sun used to, before all of this. Don't speak of kill or be killed, this one has other means, so strange to see. Is this child really the last of us, or the first of something else?
- The Sorcerer - Always the way. You get close to someone, fighting together, fucking, just talking, whatever, but it never lasts, they just up and die on you. Sick from the water, killed by some fucker. I guess not everybody's alone. But, damn, who wants to be that guy, having to live with that thing, whatever it is? And you're stuck with 'em. Who wants to pay that price?