A collection of five Monsterheart playbooks, including MC "Under the Skin" advice:
- The Beast - They call you frigid. A prude. An ice queen. Your friends think you’re just too uptight, and you’d be fine if you’d just loosen up a little. Have some fun. Let yourself like someone. But you know the truth. When you let go - when you lose control, even for a moment - you can feel yourself starting to change. The terrible animal in you is always roaring at you, always trying to claw its way out. And when it gets out, people get hurt. And the worst part? Sometimes you kind of like it.
- The Calaca - It really isn’t as bad as you might think. You don’t have to watch your weight, for instance. You can wear what you want and never get hot or cold. You never have to pee. Sometimes you miss getting the ofrendas, but it’s cool to help people out, push them along the right paths, without asking for anything in return. Better to keep the truth secret, though. Your friends can handle you as an oddly perky goth. You’re not sure a walking, talking skeleton would be quite as popular.
- The Fury - You never wanted this. You never wanted to be different or special or a freak. All you ever wanted was to fit in. To be liked. To be accepted. Maybe even to be loved. Was that so much to ask? You’re not a bad person. But they wouldn’t let you fit in. They hurt you. Taunted you. Called you names. Exploited you. Betrayed you. They pushed and pushed and PUSHED and PUSHED. They’re all going to be sorry when you start pushing back.
- The Proxy - i can See it sometimes, the staLker or whatever the fuck it is, out there at the Edge of the woods, watching me. always watching with No eyes. stanDing there in that black suit, like a funEral director, but so tall, too tall. what does it want fRom m 69742077617320737570706f7365642 0746f206c65617665206d6520616c6 f6e652061667465722069206761766 5206974206d79206c6974746c6520 62726f7468657220616e64206e6f772 0697473206261636b20627574206d6 179626520697473207374696c6c2068 756e67727920692068617665206c6f7 473206f6620667269656e6473 oMeone please help me, please mAke all this eNd!
- The Unseen - Last week at the prom, when the captains of the football and basketball teams were making out in the locker room while their girlfriends wondered where they’d disappeared to, none of them saw you. But you saw them. Yesterday, when the calculus teacher hid in the supply closet during his prep period and snorted coke until his eyes looked like a doll’s, glassy and shining in the darkness, he didn’t see you. But you saw him. Earlier tonight, when the nerdy, sickly kid everyone picks on lured the head cheerleader into a dirty alley, sprouted fangs, and sucked her dry, they didn’t see you. But you saw them. Nobody ever notices you. But you can see everything. All the things they do when they think no-one is watching. And maybe it’s time you started taking advantage of that.