From the back cover:
a star-like being of unimaginable evil came to the planet
spreading a plague of fire and madness.
The civilised world was destroyed.
Now, after the calamity of The Burn,
unearthly evil lurks in the shadows
while nature itself has been twisted into new shapes.
Animal people have risen to intelligence
while malevolent machines hunt down and exterminate humans.
But the light of civilisation hasn’t been extinguished:
new cities, new empires, new marvels have taken up the fight
and forced back the chaos and horror.
It is the time for defenders, explorers, and scholars. This is
Porphyry - World of the Burn
• Character Generation Summary
• 130 fast and flexible Professions that scale with the character as they progress through Type Levels
• Extensive re-framing of Ranged Combat with more than a dozen new firearms
• A perilous world setting detailed but leaving copious room for individual interpretation and campaigning without fear of contradiction by established ‘canon’
• Player Character Beastfolk opens up a new vista of roleplay. Less than Human, more than Monster.
• 42 new monsters using a hybrid of T&T’s and MSPE’s presentations, including Trigger Number abilities like Spite
• The Bibliomancer, a new type of magic user
• New Spells
• Cursed and Wondrous Items
• Conversion guidelines from another popular Old School fantasy RPG
• Beautiful black and white illustrations throughout by Jez Gordon