Publisher's blurb (using original title, Triffles: Abandoned Space):
Forgotten, lost or left behind, hidden by time or design, they are the overgrown structures, the lonely reaches and the haunted depths - past futures which perhaps never were, and may now never be. Disused, derelict or ruined, they fester, flake and fade, but do they lie quiet - or unquiet? What lies in wait? Reordering, remade, reemergent..? Do any dare discover?
Triffles: Abandoned Space is a tool designed to support the development of narratives set in and around this location type.
Compatible with a wide variety of fictional genres and game systems, and suitable for use by writers, roleplayers and tabletop gamers in general, it has applications in character creation, for scenario, adventure and campaign design and in the generation of events and interactions in the course of games. The potential may be almost endless.
The compact, 8-page tool is arranged for use on screen or in printed form and includes:
- a context table able to produce over 19,000 seed sentences
- a complete Fabric for narrative creation, formed of 121 Strands
- instructions for the use of the Fabric, with diagrams and options
- 144 adjectives for further detail, grouped across 12 categories
- a group of 21 adjectives and 11 adverbs for location essence
- 32 proposals for the overarching nature of the abandoned space
- a pair of example narratives, each for a distinct fictional setting
- a compact diceless number generator for the four ranges used
- a table of minimum, average and maximum results for eight ranges
- a full index for the 121 Strands present in the complete Fabric
- a blank Fabric, for remaking the complete Fabric or creating new
- suggestions for other approaches, layering and expansion...