From publisher blurb:
In days long past, a mighty empire brought light into the darkness—literally, for it raised up numerous light houses to guide and warn seafarers. When that empire fell, as all empires do, one by one the ancient lights went dark.
The lighthouse on Little Island survived the fall, though, as did the surrounding community. Yet this light was extinguished by the arrival of pirates and mutineers. One ship, the Dorshenta, was swept onto the Cruel Rocks. With her hull broken, the vessel could no longer shelter her crew, who were cast into the churning surf and crushed upon the rocks. Their wicked compatriots aboard the Wesren laughed at their fate and set out to sea with their loot, only to face their own judgment.
Since the time of the Dorshenta, the island has not felt the tread of mortal feet. However, other things shamble, stagger, and hop about the ruins on the island. This will change with the arrival of the heroes. It is up to them to determine their fate and the fate of the Little Island.
Little Island is a Pathfinder-compatible adventure. It is written as a campaign opener, taking characters from 1st to 3rd level.
Here are some of the features of the adventure:
- A narrative for getting the new characters together and an encounter with a haunted ship to forge the bonds of the party.
- An entire island with numerous encounter areas occurring within a coherent narrative that helps guide play without constraining it.
- Full color, detailed maps for the island and all encounter areas.
- New monsters (Haunted Armor, Iron Stevedores, Mul Frogs, Necrotrees, and Water Bones).
- New magic items (Cargo Box, Long Breath Potion Mixer) and a new spell (Long Breath).
- Full statistics are included for all encounters—no need to look up monsters.
- Robust opportunities for both roleplaying and combat.