From publisher blurb:
The wizard Kelok achieved some minor fame developing original spells, some of which were apparently extremely dangerous to the caster. While some of his descendants claim he developed many spells still used today, unbiased experts claim that his original spells have all been lost. His detractors claim that this is a good thing, at least for wizards who prefer not to be imploded by their own magic.
Because of his love of magical research and dangerous machines, it is perhaps fitting that the legends claim that he met his end whilst researching a new spell. Those friendly to his memory claim that he perished while nobly expanding the boundaries of magical knowledge. His detractors insist he perished while making his last and greatest mistake. Whatever the truth of the matter, nothing has been heard from Kelok in 150 years and it has long been accepted that he perished and was placed within a tomb of his own design.
Little is known of his tomb. According to legend, the tomb was located in the wilderness to keep unwanted grave robber and pilfering adventures away from his treasures. There are, of course, the usual tales about the tomb of any wizard, namely that it is packed with great wealth and fantastic items. Naturally, there are also the usual tales of the elaborate precautions, terrible traps, and vicious monsters that protect the tomb.
Here are some of the features of the adventure:
- Interesting encounters on the journey the tomb.
- Detailed color maps for the tomb.
- New monster (Iron Guardian).
- New spells (Kelok’s Claw, Kelok’s Companion, and Tigermane’s Wolfskin).
- New Traps (Fire Square and Ice Square).
- Full statistics are included for all encounters—no need to look up monsters or traps.
- Robust opportunities for role-play and combat.
- For character levels 2-4.