From publisher blurb:
Welcome to the Second Edition of the Stellar Wind core rules. The second edition takes everything that was great in the first edition and makes it better. In the second edition you'll get:
- A clean, rich layout optimized for tablet viewing, but that still looks great in print.
- All new interior art, including high-quality re-imaginings of the character races.
- A brand new Stellar Wind story that weaves through the book, introducing each chapter.
- Simplified character generation that gives you complete control over your starting skills.
- Simplified rules for poison, disease and radiation.
- Streamlined combat rules.
- Greatly simplified space travel rules, making space travel easier to play, while still preserving the unique realism the game is famous for.
- Reorganized and streamlined spacecraft design rules that simplify building space ships for your game, while still giving you the most realistic spacecraft you'll find outside of NASA.
- Updated world generation rules that greatly expand the variety of worlds you can create.
- Two new appendices, showing alien races to scale, and grouping together commonly used tables for easy GM and player reference.
- High-quality 1920x1080 versions of the character race and character background portraits.
In addition to the new material, all that was great about the first edition is still there, from rules on crewing spacecraft, to rules on how to handle solar proton storms. We've also left in the advanced rules appendix for those gamers who love crunch and eating natural logarithms for breakfast.