From publisher blurb:
Has your adventuring party ever found itself in any of the following situations?
- The party decide to press on despite being low on resources, straight into an especially dangerous encounter.
- A run of failed saving throws or unlucky attack rolls leaves the party undermanned and fighting desperately against an encounter that has suddenly become much more challenging.
- The party have expended their limited resources early in the adventure, leaving them too weak to face the challenges ahead. Maybe time constraints or an inability to return the way they came prevents them from retreating or resting up.
- The GM underestimates the threat posed by an encounter, possibly because the creatures really are overpowered for their challenge rating or more likely because they play especially well to your party’s weaknesses, or the party have already used the resources needed to face that encounter.
- The adventure was sprung on the party with no chance for them to optimise their spell selections to meet expected challenges. Maybe the characters find that many of their spells and abilities are useless due to wards (such as forbiddance or dimensional lock), planar traits, or creature immunities (such as a complex of devils when the party wizard is loaded up with fire spells).
All of the above situations can result in frustrated players, character deaths, and even a TPK. Boon items allow the GM to throw the adventurers an in-game lifeline. They are powerful, single use items that increase survivability, offer cool abilities, or allow them to change recent choices.
The ebook contains 26 new items, encompassing a wide range of power levels – ranging from an incense that allows a wizard to change his memorised spells, to scrolls that contain the exact spell you need, elixirs that make the drinker almost invulnerable or allow them to split into two identical characters for a short time, and a rod that allows you to replay an entire encounter.
Wondrous Creations 0: Boons is a volume of magic item sourcebooks compatible with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and suitable for GMs and players of any level.