From publisher blurb:
The Olympians have spoken and you are to join the ranks of heroes and heroines involved in the Heavenly Contest! The Olympian deities are in a race to find the successor to Zeus’s throne, with the successor acquiring the greatest number of followers. But the gods and goddesses are quite busy, and to shine their light upon the mortals of Hellas requires intervention of a divine scale. Heroic deeds are a must if one is to prove themselves worthy for the gratification of Olympus and the pursuit of seeing their patron deity rise to rulership! Are you strong, brave, and smart enough for the challenge? We will see how you fair against the great beasts of Hellas and the heroes and heroines who support your rival deity. This is the Heavenly Contest. This is Mythos!
In Mythos, you assume the role of a demigod or devoted human of the gods and goddesses of Olympus in a heroic mythological representation of Ancient Greece. Heroes and heroines join in the Heavenly Contest to prove their worth to the deities and spread the word of their patron deity to the mortals of Hellas, in hopes of raising their patron deity to the Olympus throne. Heroes and heroines come from all walks of life, representing their patron deity as adventurers, fighters, hoplites, Olympic athletes, courtesans, sages, and rogues. Through affiliations with deific cults and Mystery Cults, they gain access to great powers and follow the strands of Fate as they travel Hellas in search of their next, grand performance.
Inside the Mythos player's guide you will find:
- An introduction to mythological Ancient Greece and the Heavenly Contest.
- The demigod character race and its associated Divine Edges, more powerful than those you’ve seen before.
- New Edges and Hindrances.
- A completely new Arcane system to represent membership in one of the Mystery Cults.
- A collection of patron deities from Greek Mythology.
- Everything you need to create a Mythos character!