From the publisher:
Wield the Might of the Five Elements!
The Chinese view of the elements (xing) is rich and nuanced, with cycles of creation and destruction: earth refines into metal, smothers fire, is covered by wood, and absorbs water. These interactions are as flavorful as they are balanced -- perfect for a magic system! GURPS Thaumatology: Chinese Elemental Powers blends the concepts of qi (chi) and magic, empowering elementalists with gifts that truly capture the feel of xing mastery. With it, you'll be able to:
- Master more than 60 fully worked abilities -- and 20 new perks! -- spread across the five elements, from the literal (summoning water as fog) to the metaphorical (using water chi to target the heart's fire).
- Combine Talent, Meditation skill, and the new Focus technique to push your elemental abilities beyond their limits and use them in powerful ways.
- Supplement cinematic martial-arts skills with peaceful but equally fantastic feats of Alchemy, Erotic Art, Esoteric Medicine, Fortune-Telling, and Herb Lore.
- Use the expanded advantages, disadvantages, and skills to build the magician you want -- or just adapt the sample elementalist, Wang Laowu.
- Learn how the concepts of xing, qi, and yin and yang permeate Chinese culture, and then use that understanding to work this magic into your campaign.
Whether you're playing mystical wu and brave xia in ancient China, modern martial artists locked in a secret street war, or classic fantasy dungeon delvers questing after a unique power-up, GURPS Thaumatology: Chinese Elemental Powers puts the power of the elements in your hands!