From publisher blurb:
Welcome to the dangerous Dread Sea Dominions, a place where mighty barbarians combat with hideous monsters, dark warlocks whisper terrible sorceries in forgotten temples and noble amazons duel in the sun scorched arenas of Faberterra, capital of a decadent empire!
- Thirty new Edges.
- Three arcane backgrounds, Lotusmastery, Sorcery, and the Path of Enlightenment
- Dozens of new weapons, armors, and mounts
- A simple but elegant system to develop your character between adventures and to manage the enormous riches you'll find!
- And much, much more!
Gird your lions and loins, get your broadsword ready and prepare to face the threats of Beasts and Barbarians, the new sword and sorcery open setting from GRAmel!
In the Player's Guide you'll find:
- The Book of Lore
- History of the setting (with a timeline)
- A current day map (it is also a freebie)
- Description of the main cultures of the world
- Climate, technology, main religions
- Gazeteer. A description of the 28 main dominions/regions of the world. This part is designed both for the players and the GM. It contains a generic description of the region plus an hook: a tale, a legend, an important feature useful for the GM to develop his stories.
- Character creation part
- Character concepts, Edges, Hindrances, Skills, etc.
- Arcane Backgrounds
- Setting Rules
- Game Master Appendix
- This part describes various tweaks to the setting so you can set the mood of your game and various other gm stuff, relic creation rules (plus 20 ready relics)
- Creature Primer. This part contains several new creatures, for the GM and also instrumental for player use (as mount, summonable creatures, pets and so on).
You should be able to play the setting with the Player Guide only, walking on your feet and making your own adventures.