From publisher blurb:
1OO years have passed since Mankind revolted and slew the Sorcerer Kings of old… Now, the survivors of seven kingdoms begin to start new lives and hopes on the ashes of old. However, even as life continues, an ancient and forgotten evil stirs awaiting its moment to strike against mankind.
Join the struggle for survival in a war-torn land where new empires arise to impose their will upon the masses. Vicious warlords fight to control territories carved out of fallen kingdoms. Imposing magicians emerge claiming the legacy of the Sorcerer Kings. High Priests of long forgotten gods and goddesses amass wealth in the name of divine right while Warrior-priests, devoted to a banished god, patrol the lands bringing justice to people abandoned by their rulers.
Within these pages is a detailed post-apocalyptic fantasy setting taking you through an ancient realm that is fighting for its survival and its humanity. Seek your fortune or meet your fate in the burning deserts of the once lush and vibrant land of Vuul, or travel to the humid jungles of Najambi to face the tribes of the Man-Apes and their brutal sacrificial rituals.
Tales From the Fallen Empire is a post apocalyptic swords & sorcery setting created for use with the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG by Goodman Games. It introduces new classes, setting inspired spells, new optional rules for swords & sorcery play and more. Tighten the straps on your sandals, grab your weapon, and head forth into a land of trouble and turmoil. Adventure awaits those foolhardy to enter the wastelands or for those who fear not the unknown.
- Within the campaign setting you will find: 6 new classes: Barbarian, Witch, Draki, Sentinel, Man-Ape, & Maurader. Adding more choices for play in the setting and within the DCC RPG.
- A revised Wizard Class (The Sorcerer) - A fiendish master of the arcane who draws energy from the living to perform powerful magics.
- New Spells - Magic inspired by ancient Babylonian & Egyptian folklore and mythology
- New Creatures - Monster befitting to classic swords and sorcery. Battle savage dinosaurs, ride into the unknown on a war trained moa, or match wits with the tribal man-apes of the southern jungles.
- A detailed setting inspired by the works of Fritz Leiber, Robert E. Howard, Lynn Carter, H. P. Lovecraft, Roger Corman, and Michael Moorcock