It’s in the Cards!
Pierce the veil of mystery surrounding the occult symbolism of the harrow! Steeped in ancient tradition, harrow decks have been used for centuries to foretell the future, perform magical feats, send coded messages and warnings, and manipulate fate. Divine your fortune, learn games of skill and chance, summon allies, curse enemies, or even build a character based on harrow archetypes as you delve into the lore and secrets of the cards.
Pathfinder Player Companion: Harrow Handbook presents a player-focused overview of the history, fortune-telling practices, and non-divinatory uses of the harrow deck, including ways to incorporate harrowing into your character’s background and skills. Every Pathfinder Player Companion includes new options and tools for every Pathfinder RPG player. These are just a few of the features you’ll find inside this book:
- New archetypes, building types, equipment, feats, spells, and traits to help you incorporate the mystic secrets of the harrow into your characters and campaigns.
- A guide to the lost harrow cards that sometimes appear unexpectedly in harrow decks, or are discovered in ancient tombs and lost hoards.
- A new system for generating character backgrounds and motivations using the harrow deck, with associated traits.
- Instructions for performing a harrow reading, and information on alternate harrow spreads used in telling fortunes.
- Rules for games that use the harrow cards and are played everywhere from upper-class card parlors in Cheliax to underground gambling dens in Absalom.