From publisher blurb:
The ven believe the world is out to get them.
They are right.
Wilderness is the long-awaited second supplement for the Houses of the Blooded roleplaying game. Like Coronets But Never Crowns, it presents a completely different take on the ven and their world and a completely different way to play the game.
Wilderness is a 200+ page book written by acclaimed game designer Jesse Heinig (Fallout, Mage: the Ascension, Kindred of the East, Dying Kingdoms), Wilderness takes a look at the ven from the point of view of “the ven adventure novel,” with young, unproven peasants fighting to win the right to become Blooded.
Wilderness also provides new Holdings, new Regions, new Vassals and a completely new system for playing unblooded veth.
There’s also a new chapter on orks, with a ton of new ork traits, an essay on different ways to use orks and two new ork races: the thrunin and the serpent men.
- The Wild Places: Advice for players and Narrators for traveling through the uncivilized regions of Shanri!
- New Regions!: Fill your Province with exotic Regions like Deserts, Jungles, Taiga and Volcanos!
- New Holdings!: All new Holdings to add to your Regions such as the Caravanserai, the Furrier, Game Reserve, the Gemstone Quarry and the Glassblower!
- New Resources!: Furs, Gemstones, Glass, Incense and the mysteriously sorcerous Obsidian!
- Trouble: A whole chapter devoted to Trouble. How to use it, how to turn it into stories and a new mechanic called The Trouble Well.
- Blooded of the Boar: “Not Until I’m Dead.” A new veiled House, the Blooded of the Boar! Mountain men who have given up on ven society and gone native, living with the uncouth orks of the wilderness. Discover their history and their veiled Virtue, Tenacity!
- Adventuring Companies: A brand new way to play Houses of the Blooded! Players take the roles of unblooded veth who join up to make themselves noticed by the nobility for a chance to become Blooded.