From publisher blurb:
"There do be dragons in them thar hills. Or at least *A* dragon, anyway. You can see 'im from time ta time, circling the tallest peak and sometimes perchin' on it. Watchin' o'er 'is mountain and protectin' 'is hoard, he is. I bet that dragon has a big hoard-a-gold."
- Random elderly villager
This is a continuation of the Cave System battle map that has been released previously. The two can be used in conjunction with one another, or completely separately. This particular map was built with two access points to reach the dragon's lair, either by climbing up the sheer cliffs of the mountain, or braving the caves themselves until you reach the dragon's den. Neither way is safe, and the ultimate goal is probably far more dangerous, but what kind of adventure would it be if it weren't dangerous?
The secret to beating any dragon is strategy and teamwork. This map was built with that in mind, giving the players multiple natural formations to assist them with their strategy. There are, of course, plenty of stalagmites, but there is also a running stream which provides some noise cover and has even carved a niche in the limestone of the cave floor, permitting small or stealthy creatures to hide inside the stream niche itself. In addition to that, there are multiple alcoves, all standing anywhere from 12' to 25' above the main cavern floor. Some are accessible through the many cave tunnels in the mountain, others are only accessible by climbing up the sheer walls of the cavern. One and all, they can be perfect attack points for ranged characters like archers or wielders of magic. And if things get too hairy, the characters can always retreat into the safety of the tunnels, knowing no dragon could be large enough to fit in there. Then again...fire breathe does have a tendency to travel a good distance when blown through choke points....
- 80" x 80" in size. This is another massive map. If your gaming table isn't big enough to fit it, you may consider printing out only the sections you need.
- HEX and SQUARE grids for each type of map listed below, as well as a NO GRID version for people that prefer to set their own scale. Grid sizes are 1" = 5' of gaming space.
- Full Color Versions – This is a printer intensive, full color version of this map, although inaccessible parts of the mountain have been whited out so it isn't too intensive.
- Black and White versions – A black and white version, meant to be printer friendly
- Lights and Shadows - There is a full color, no shadows version, as well as a full color shadowy version, with light in the tunnels being provided by bioluminescent mushrooms.
- VTT map of the shadowed cave included for online players that prefer a smaller map.
- Map Key pointing out the major features of the map.