From publisher blurb:
Entering new territory once again, this time Stoneworker Cartography is stepping into post apocalyptic territory, having converted our Battle Maps MODERN: The El Rey Motel into a destroyed motel set in a not so distant future. Although the previous map was set in the United States (particularly the southwestern and western parts of the country), this one will probably fit just about any part of an irradiated or devastated earth.
Ideally the Apocalypse series of battle maps will be good for a game set in the Darwin's World universe, but could be used with any type of apocalypse game, and not necessarily one set in a nuclear setting. Think meteor that struck the earth and wiped out the dinosaurs type of apocalypse, or an apocalypse similar to that found in I AM LEGEND or the Mad Max series of movies.
This world depicted in this map looks as if it were destroyed somewhere between 200 and 400 years ago, thus there is lots of decay. The motel walls are crumbling or collapsed already, either due to the ravages of time or previous battles. The vehicles are rusting piles of junk that no longer run (but may have spare parts for repairing something else!) The pool is only occasionally filled by irradiated rain water...when it falls, and drinking from the pool could be deadly. The asphalt is cracking, and the vegetation is long since dead. In short, the El Rey Motel is a hostile environment, and surely anyone found living here will probably be hostile as well.
In most cases Battle Maps Apocalypse maps will be set somewhere in North America, however future battle maps may feature other real world locations set in the Far East, Middle East, Europe, and other parts of the world.
- 80" x 50" in size. That's almost a 7' by 4' battle map!
- HEX and SQUARE grids for each type of map listed below. Each one is sized to be 1" = 5' of gaming space. In addition, there is a NO GRID set of files for both the full color versions and the black and white.
- Full Color Version – This is a printer intensive, full color version of this map.
- Black and White version – A black and white version, meant to be the least printer intensive.
- Two M1 Abrams and a Humwvee (commonly known as a Hummer here in the states) suggest a previous military presence in the region. All are decayed, however, so recovering them may not be easy. If recovery isn't your goal, they might make for good storytelling, or...well, nice cover for the firefight to come!
- Included VTT map with a square grid for those that would rather use this map in an online game.