From publisher blurb:
This issue presents three new additions to the Future Armada
universe – each an obvious decedent of an existing ship or station. Based on previous designs and built to add depth and realism to your campaign, these additions should seem both familiar and new.
- The first ship presented is Jade, a small recon ship for a small crew. Though the hull has been streamlined and reduced in size, this well-worn explorer is still clearly a member of the Wayfarer line.
- Next is Phoenix. She’s a salvaged Kestrel-class vessel, the same as Gryphon but with a completely refurbished interior and a patched-together exterior. Like the original Kestrels, she can fulfill a variety of roles and is perfect for a crew of 4 to 6.
- The third variant is an outpost built using the Sendai component system first seen on Argos III. This station, known as Port Jericho, is much smaller than Argos III but still has a little bit of everything crammed into its habitation ring. A lawless outpost on the hinterlands of civilized space, the station has about 100 permanent residents and half as many visitors passing through at any given time.
My hope is that these designs will add a sense of continuity and progress to whatever setting they find themselves in. Existing ships are repurposed, proven designs are reworked to fill a new niche, and every shiny new vessel that comes off the line eventually ends up grungy, beat up, or worn out. That’s life in the void.
Each ship/station is presented independently with its own document, maps, and art within the "Redux Alpha" directory. The .zip file contains the following:
- 8, 13, and 29 pages for Jade, Phoenix, and Port Jericho respectively.
- Each is a PDF file detailing the ship or station, interior areas, and crew.
- Open Game License stats are provided for reference.
- Map Books
- A total of 96 pages containing complete interior maps and deckplans.
- 3, 13, and 80 pages for Jade, Phoenix, and Port Jericho respectively.
- Please Note: the individual Port Jericho map pages are taken from Argos III and Invictus.
- Miniature-scale (1 inch = 5 feet) maps for tactical combat.
- One inch grid built cleanly into the art.
- Broken into pages for easy printing.
- Printer friendly, black and white versions of the map books.
- Large, single-image maps of both ships are provided (the complete image for the station map is at reduced scale due to file size limitations.
- These are 150 dpi, color JPEG images.
- Jade is 17x19 inches. Phoenix is 24x36. Both are full scale.
- Port Jericho is 41x43 and is at roughly 36% scale.
- Additional rendered images of the ships and station are also included.
Like all of the Future Armada ships and stations, these are meant to be useful to game masters and players alike. Story, stats, and maps are all easily separated. Keep what you like & change what want, it's up to you.