From publisher blurb:
The second chapter in the 0 hr Armada Codex line, this issue presents a detailed description, complete deckplans, and high quality renderings for a medium size war ship and its variants. This product is designed to give you a set of ready-made ships to plug into your setting and rules of choice - lending depth and detail to your campaign. Though a sample background is provided, it is separate from the suggested statistics, deck plans, and location descriptions. Use what you want and change what you like. The goal is to provide a complete package, but one that can be easily broken into its constituent parts as needed. When it’s time to play, zero hour is ready.
Constructed by the Sol Autocracy at the renown New Albion Shipyards, this cadre of a dozen war ships was the core of a bold offensive launched against the Theocracy of Terra Nova. Of the twelve vessels, half are full blooded ships of the line – armed with heavy anti-ship cannons as well as a full suite of missiles, rockets, and point defense guns. Four others use a variant hull design built for speed and stealth, while the final two are relegated to support and diplomatic roles. Mourning Wolf serves as the archetype for the war ships. Shadow Wolf is the first of the stealth/recon variants, and Winter Wolf is one of the support ships (though still a capable fighter as it is essentially the base warship design minus the massive anti-ship cannons). All three are fully detailed and illustrated in this chapter of the Codex.
The Wolves of Albion
package contains four highly detailed, layered PDF files:
- Main Book
- 26 page PDF file detailing the ships, interior areas, and carried vehicles.
- Contains several 3D rendered scenes as well as orthographic views of the ship.
- Includes system independent statistics designed for easy adaption to your game of choice.
- Background, art, and text are on different layers for custom display and printing.
- Map Pages
- 28 page PDF file containing complete interior maps and instructions for assembly.
- Miniature-scale maps for tactical combat with an optional 1 inch = 5 ft grid.
- Divided into pages for easy printing in full color or printer-friendly black and white.
- Selectable layers include: grid, black & white version, optional objects, and more.
- 2 Uncut Map Images
- Two single page PDF files containing 32 x 54 inch images of the complete deckplans.
- Mourning Wolf and Shadow Wolf are provided. Winter Wolf interior is the same as Mourning.
- Select either a light or dark background (for printing or projection/display).
- Includes layers for grid, black & white version, optional objects, and background choice.
Mourning Wolf is 274 feet long and has a volume of 5676 register tons. In her standard configuration she carries 20 crew (14 human and 6 synthetic). She and her sisters are light, destroyer class ships. While they can operate independently, the excel when operating as a pack. Whether the players are aboard as command, crew, or unwelcome guests, each of these ships will provide a rich background and detailed setting to help bring your story to life.