From publisher blurb:
The world of Contagion is a dark and terrifying place to live...
...and a horrific place to die.
Purgatorio is a sourcebook that describes the existence of ghosts and the realm of Purgatory, which they inhabit. A battleground in the War between Heaven and Hell, angels of the Gregori and Demons of the Chammadi use Purgatory as a grounds for hunting and recruiting those souls who have, for whatever reason, refused to go on to their final fate.
Natives of Purgatory, such as the incomprehensible Rueda del Fuego, hunt ghosts relentlessly. Magi of the Council of Tears seek to harvest the power of ghosts, some going so far as to perform the blasphemous rituals of Lichdom to avoid death itself.
Psychics, with a bizarre connection to the forces and energies of Purgatory walk between the worlds of the living and the worlds of the dead, sometimes acting as emmisaries, other times acting as hunters.
Amid this nightmarish landscape ghosts strive to eke out an existence, survive the threats before them and handle the business they were unable to finish in life.
Purgatorio utilizes a modified version of the 3.5 OGL. All material can be easily adapted to your existing OGL game, however Purgatorio is designed to function within the world of the Contagion RPG.
- A new Player Character race: Ghosts.
- Rules for converting your existing character to a Ghost, as well as updated class abilities for characters who shuffle loose the mortal coil.
- Thirteen new Advanced Classes.
- Expanded rules for Psychics including a slew of psychic powers.
- Seven Ghostly Power Trees: an entirely new set of powers for your Ghost PCs and NPCs
- Fourteen new or updated feats dealing with psychics and Ghosts.
- Nine new spells for dealing with Ghosts and Purgatory.
- Six new Incorporeal creatures.
- New rules for dealing with incorporeality.
- Rules for rituals of Exorcism.
- Expanded rules for Lichdom, including the rituals and benefits of the redesigned Lich.