From publisher blurb:
The Center Space is a high-powered science-fantasy game. There is little "hard science," characters can learn to manipulate the mysterious energies of the Center Space along with psychic powers and advanced technology.
The game is set on Earth after a 300 year Alien Occupation by a race known as the Thahazi. The Thahazi, using a strange artifact of unknown origin, enslaved the entire galaxy, altering even the very genetic makeup of those worlds. This artifact was dubbed the Center Space by the Church of Science, the birth of a universe.
In this harsh environment of alien occupation, only the strong could survive. Humans (as well as other races) have evolved and are now capable of amazing feats strength, agility and even psychic powers.
Characters in the Center Space are thrown into world still in chaos, still recovering (physically and mentally) from the enslavement. Not only must they survive the monstrous creations left behind by the Thahazi, but also against one another. As all life now is dependent in someway on the Center Space, and all the various factions; the MDC, the Alliance, the Vharata Empire...all beings fight for control of the Center Space...
Although set in a unique campaign world, the basic rules can be easily adapted to fit any futuristic campaign setting.
The Center Space Basic Rules D20 includes:
- Basic guide to the factions and worlds of the Center Space?'s unique campaign world.
- 10 new races (plus racial levels)
- 9 new classes designed to fill all the niches for futuristic play (all up to 25th level!)
- 9 prestige classes
- Alternative rules for psionics and magic (over 200 psychic and channeling powers!)
- Spirit (a unique point system that allows characters to attempt nearly impossible actions, psychic powers and/or channeling. Abuse and/or damage to spirit can even cause insanity...)
- New Feats (and new feat categories including Advanced, Mutation, and Cybernetic feats)
- Weaknesses (physical and mental disorders that can give characters extra feats and skill points)
- Alternative combat rules (including vehicle and starship combat)
- Technology (including the strange living tech left behind by the Thahazi)
This represents the latest and final revision of the Center Space 2nd Edition. Classes, skills, and feats have revised and simplified, and most notably the Spirit system. And it now contains bookmarks! The Chapters on Creatures and Adventuring will now be included in a separate pdf entitled the GM Supplement.