From publisher blurb:
No matter what system you use for your games, being a game master is a perilous pastime. As soon as the players arrive with their PCs at the ready, your well-formulated plans can go off-the-rails at a moment's notice. If you have somewhere to put the PCs for a bit while you ponder your options, it can smooth things out considerably.
If you're in need of such a location on short notice, One Spot is for you! Each product in the line focuses on a different location you can easily drop into any fantasy town or city. Instantly you have a place with NPCs, descriptive text, plot hooks, and more to give you the tools you need to quickly populate a place your PCs can interact with.
One Spot #1 presents a tavern called The Painted Man, complete with a barkeep (the artistically decorated Painted Man), tavern map, images, and more. One Spot #1: The Painted Man is another great tool to include in your bag of GM tricks!
One Spot #1: The Painted Man offers:
- An introduction, location description, tavern map, and image of the tavern sign.
- A bit of background on the Painted Man himself, his mannerisms, and a picture.
- Descriptions for the other NPCs involved in operating the tavern, from the bubbly barmaid to the secretive owner.
- A suggestion of what items might currently be on the menu and on tap.
- A list (10 items) of potential facts and rumors to kick things off.
- A list of hooks (4 tables of hints) for how one or more of the PCs may have interacted with the tavern before.