Foreword by Ed Greenwood
If absolute power corrupts absolutely, Matron Maelora best beware; her plans for total domination of the Underworld are close to satisfactory completion, while attacks on the Upperworld have become increasingly successful. The other power-hungry drow families of Holoth may despise her but they know a true leader when they see one, and House Gullion has been revealed as the path to glory. With the entire Underworld in chaos and the Spider Goddess regularly communing with her chosen Matron, far greater dreams than mere regional conquest are within the grasp of the drow as Maelora prepares a grand dark elf army for victory! With mystical allies in place, other Underworld races beneath her heel or cowering behind fortified walls, and every drow ready to play their part when she gives the word, it is time for the PCs to make their move against the evil Matron Maelora and her increasing dominance, but how will they go about it? Can they ensure their own success when an entire city is standing against them? It is time for them to halt the Rise of the Drow!
The Rise of the Drow Trilogy (revised) contains:
- Brand new illustrations by Mates Laurentiu, Rick Hershey, Jacob Blackmon, Jen Page, and Satine Phoenix
- New and revised maps by 3x ENnie award winning cartographer Todd Gamble
- The dwarven trade city of Embla fleshed out in even greater detail
- A fully expanded Fungi Forest spanning over 80 pages with new spells and items
- Three main paths for the PCs to explore with options to take your adventures even farther
- The dwarven capital of Stoneholme by Kevin Mickelson author of Mask of Death adventure module
- Jorumgard the Deep Dragon Lair by Owen KC Stephens of Super Genius Games
- Lepakkuros, a new race by Stephen Yeardley
- The story of the ‘blighted dwarves’ and a new Blighted Template for crafting your own corrupted creatures by Jason Stoffa of Fat Goblin Games
- The foul drow House Invidious by Brian Berg of TPK Games
- Holoth, the mighty drow city of the Underworld completely revised and expanded by Christina Stiles of Kobold Press & Super Genius Games.
- The gargantuan ‘Temple of the Spider Goddess’ by Joshua Gullion of AaW
- House Gullion’s home, ‘Tolgorith Tower’ which spans across 6 maps and includes over 30 different locations for your PCs to explore
- Supplemental histories on each member of House Gullion
- The demi-plane of Venom
- Multiple ways for the PCs to end the adventure and many more ways to continue with new adventures in the Underworld!
- New artifacts like the powerful soul-stealing Vidrefacte or the plane-travelling, multi-environment using, spell-casting, mobile weapon that is the Vessel of Naraneus
- New Traps like Ochre Jelly Dust
- New Special Abilies such as the Third Eye of Fear
- New Feats including Fused Weapon Fighting
- New Items like Giant Green-spored Parasol Mushroom Poison and Fungi Forest Kombucha
- New Magical Items such as the Coin of Singing and Mushroom Armor
- New Mushroom and Drow domains
- Loads of new spells perfect for the Underworld
- New Monsters, too numerous to list!
- New Classes
- New Artifacts
- and so much more!