From publisher blurb:
Falling Stars is a system enhancement for Contagion Second Edition
The world of Contagion is a dark and terrifying place. On the surface, it looks much like the world you and I live in. Just beneath that surface, in the shadows, rages an ancient conflict between supernatural factions who all seek dominion over the Earth and control over the souls of humanity.
A new type of creature has been born from the escalated conflicts of the war. Angels caught in the midst of a fall and enslaved through blasphemous rituals are being recruited by a faction of desperate Arcanists. These enslaved angels are called the chabash.
Falling Stars acts as a primer on the chabash, giving rules for their creation both within the context of the game world and as player characters or NPCs. The faction responsible for the chabash is also explored, allowing players to oppose these power-hungry Arcanists, or perhaps to assume the roles of members of the conspiracy.
Falling Stars also includes a few adventure seeds that deal directly with the discovery of the chabash. Within these seeds are story ideas for integrating this new celestial race into your Contagion Second Edition campaign whether as antagonists, McGuffins or as player characters.
In addition to those suggestions, Falling Stars contains several transmedia resources that Gamemasters can use to enhance their stories where the chabash are concerned, including handouts and reference art for players, audio recordings that may be played in game to enrich your experience, and a video prelude for one adventure seed in which a group of loosely acquainted characters are led to a free chabash and entreated to discover its origins.
Falling Stars includes:
- Detailed background on the Fraternitas Alaraia, an order of Arcanists with a diabolical plan
- A new playable race: the chabash
- A new Spell: Bind the Falling Star, which allows the creation of a chabash
- Four adventure seeds for stories dealing with the chabash
- Seven pregenerated characters for use as player characters or NPCs
- Twelve sample pages from the journal of Lyndon Ivory, which may be used to enhance your game as player handouts, sample scrolls, or character journal pages. Provided in full color and grayscale.
- A video prelude introducing the characters of Gayle Ashenheart, Lisa Johnson, Rose Tanaka and Maalik.
- an MP3 Pronounciation guide and soundtrack file featuring music from the video prelude.